mysore oakland has a new location!
6101 colby street, oakland ca.
class timings for our rockridge shala
- monday - thursday: teacher from 6:00 - 9:30am, doors at 5:30am
- friday: led class, 6:30 - 8:00am, mysore style 8:00 - 9:30
- sunday: teacher from 7:00am - 10:00am, doors at 6am
no classes on saturdays and full and new moon days. take rest.
drop in classes are only for students with an existing mysore practice please.
complete beginners to mysore ashtanga yoga are welcome to join at any time. all new students must commit to a full month attending class 5-6 days a week (exceptions only for those with family commitments, or with instructor's permission). allow 30-40 minutes your first day. *the time duration of the class is not indicative of the length of your practice. students arrive at the time most suitable for them. there's no need to know the order of the poses. the practice is offered from teacher to student one pose at a time, slowly. see the practice for more information.
mysore oakland offers a supportive environment for practitioners of all experience levels, ages, and abilities. guidance is offered in a traditional manner in the lineage of the late sri k. pattabhi jois, his daughter saraswati, and grandson sharath jois who both continue to teach. sharath is the director of the k. pattabhi jois ashtanga yoga institute in mysore, india. “traditional” meaning each student is taught according to their needs as the teacher sees fit. there is a common misconception that ashtanga yoga is for the young, fit, or advanced student only. this is untrue.
“ashtanga yoga is a breathing practice, the rest is just bending.” - sri k. pattabhi jois
- $150 unlimited month (6 days a week)
- $125 3 classes a week (12 within a month) *(only available after one full month of 5-6 days a week of practice or with permission from instructor)
- $50 one week of classes - visiting students and current mysore students only. not for new students.
*work/study opportunities are available for those in need and willing to make a COMMITMENT to themselves and their practice. please inquire.